Introduction to Development Agreements and Other Contract-Based Value Capture
Value Capture 2021 Webinar Series
FHWA is hosting a series of Value Capture Strategies webinars beginning in March 2021. The webinar series will detail the Value Capture techniques promoted in the Federal Highway Administration’s Every Day Counts (EDC) initiative. This year’s series focuses on the intersection of Innovative Finance and Innovative Project Delivery Tools. These webinars will detail more Value Capture best practices collected from throughout the nation. They will also highlight FHWA’s recently completed Value Capture Primer series of technical documents.
FHWA officially rolls out the Value Capture: Development Agreements and Other Contract-Based Primer. The webinar will provides practical information for implementing DA, CBA, JDA, and other contract-based VC techniques—such as public right of way (ROW) use agreements. It includes overviews of these techniques, processes involved in implementing them, their role in key VC opportunities and challenges, as well as real-world case examples of when and how best they can be used.
Capture is a set of powerful techniques that recover a portion of land value created by public infrastructure investments, and can:
• Address funding gaps;
• Leverage and optimize Federal and State resources;
• Accelerate project delivery;
• Meet and improve system performance goals;
• Maintain transportation infrastructure assets in good repair; and,
• Save time and money.
Resources Available Now
• Consult the Value Capture Implementation Manual for information on how Value Capture strategies are applicable to roadway projects.
• FHWA’s Value Capture website for case studies, best practices, lessons learned, FAQs, and resources.
• Watch a short video on how Value Capture optimizes agency resources.
• Check back for much more, as new resources are under development!