Value Capture Strategies and Infrastructure Bank Program
Value Capture revenues can leverage low interest rate loans from the infrastructure bank and can be used in a wide range of settings (e.g., urban, rural, and suburban) to help fund not only capital projects, but also public roads operations and maintenance.
Meeting the infrastructure funding challenge has emerged as one of the most urgent issues facing the nation. This webinar will discuss how local governments, to bridge financing gaps must turn to creative ways to pay for public infrastructure improvements including access to state and federal low interest rate loan programs.
Value Capture is a set of powerful techniques that recover a portion of land value created by public infrastructure investments, and can:
- Address funding gaps
- Leverage and optimize Federal and State resources
- Accelerate project delivery
- Meet and improve system performance goals
- Maintain transportation infrastructure assets in good repair
- Save time and money
Resources: Available Now
- Consult the Value Capture Implementation Manual for information on how Value Capture strategies are applicable on roadway projects.
- Page through FHWA’s Value Capture website for case studies, best practices, lessons learned, FAQs, and resources.
- Watch a short video on how Value Capture optimizes agency resources.
- Check back for much more, as new resources are under development!
For additional information, please contact:
Thay Bishop, FHWA Center Innovative Finance Support, 404-562-3695
Stefan Natzke, FHWA National Systems and Economic Development, 202-366-5010.